What is the Global Stakeholder Roundtable on Responsible Down and Animal Welfare?
The Global Stakeholder Roundtable on ‘Responsible Down and Animal Welfare’ is an initiative, facilitated by the European and US outdoor industry, to bring all relevant players – such as brands from various industries; suppliers, slaughterhouses, and meat producers; and relevant animal welfare groups – together to improve the transparency, traceability and animal welfare across the down supply chain, and to promote best practice.
- Facilitate a collaborative dialogue and discourse throughout the landscape of stakeholders in down-using resp. down-producing industries (outdoor, fashion, bedding, home textiles, food/meat) and their respective roles, constraints, expectations, and goals
- Investigate the remaining hurdles to responsible and transparent down sourcing practices, and the common challenges brands are facing when implementing best practice standards for animal welfare along the down supply chain
- Exchange experiences across brands, and how ‘best practice’ is being rolled out and implemented
- Establish collective needs and mutually support tangible next steps to scale best practices within the global down supply chain, across multiple industries and geographies
- Continue to drive, and engage with, the ongoing developments with regards to down traceability in the outdoor industry, including the different animal welfare standards that have become the new state of art in down sourcing.
Interested in learning more?
To learn more about the global stakeholder roundtable on Responsible Down and Animal Welfare, and how your engagement may be beneficial to your company, contact the European Outdoor Group’s CSR & Sustainability Manager Pamela Ravasio directly on:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘Phone: +44 1539 7272 55.
Documentation for download:
- Global Stakeholder Roundtable on Responsible Down and Animal Welfare: An Overview – download here
- Responsible Down Standard: An Overview – download here
- Global Traceable Down Standard: An Overview – download here
- Downpass: An Overview – DOWNLOAD WILL BE ADDED HERE WHEN AVAILABLE
- Down standards comparison by Four Paws – download here.